(European Association For Terminology)
(European Language Resources Association)
This AGREEMENT is made by and between:
ELRA, having its principal place of activity at : 87, Avenue d'Italie - 75013 Paris, FRANCE
registered at the Tribunal de commerce de Paris :
RCS Paris B 402 781 876 (95b147 95)
and represented by Mr Khalid Choukri, Director
EAFT, having its principal place of activity at : Topterm, Anton van Duinkerkenlaan 39, NL-1187 WD Amsterdam, THE NETHERLANDS
Registered at :
and represented by Mrs. Helmi Sonneveld, President
- Both referred to as "the parties" -
- ELRA objectives: Its aim is to stimulate the production of Language resources, to collect, to validate and disseminate these language resources in various forms and on which language engineering can be built. The whole project is about technology transfer, from the creators of language resources to the users, that could be useful and relevant to European industrial and research activities.
- EAFT objectives: To promote plurilingualism, heighten the awareness of the importance of terminology for communication, to facilitate the exchange of terminological information, to create a forum for discussion on the direction of terminology work in Europe, to obtain agreement on accreditation, qualifications and recognition of courses for vocational training, to advise on matters concerning terminology policy, innovations and technology assessment, to play a major role in the implementation of the planned European Terminology Information Server (ETIS).
1.1 The object of this agreement is to establish and carry out strong cooperation actions between ELRA and EAFT aiming at the promotion of terminology resources.
The main cooperation tasks between ELRA and EAFT are (other tasks may be added when needed):
- Both parties agree on carrying out common actions for the cooperation and the development of terminological activities in Europe.
- Both parties shall take the necessary steps towards the exchange of information and documentation to meet their objectives.
- Both parties agree on exchanging periodicals, newsletters, and books.
- Both parties agree on granting each other mutual discounts on products and services.
- The EAFT shall try and find suppliers and clients for ELRA.
1.2 ELRA shall collaborate actively in the development of the European Terminology Information Server (ETIS) and its links to similar servers in other world regions or at international level.
1.3 ELRA and EAFT are independent contractors. Nothing contained in the agreement shall be construed as creating an employer-employee relationship, a partnership or a Joint Venture between ELRA and EAFT.
1.4 Neither party has no right or authority to incur, assume or create, in writing or otherwise, any warranty, liability or other obligation of any kind, express or implied, in the name of or on behalf of the other party, it being intended that each party shall remain an independent contractor responsible for its own actions.
Each party shall give appropriate references to this agreement in scholarly literature wherever possible. Each party shall not use the name of the other party in any publication in any manner that would imply an endorsement of any product or service offered by the other party.
3/ COMMENCEMENT AND TERM
3.1 This agreement should enter into effect on the date of signature. It shall be renewed every year following the formation of the newly appointed EAFT Board.
4/ WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
5.1 It is specifically understood and agreed that both parties shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damage in connection with this agreement.
5.2 Neither party shall be responsible for damages caused by the other party's non-fulfillment of provisions of this agreement.
5.3 Neither party shall be liable for any loss of profits or loss of contracts by the other party.
The entire agreement is composed of 4 articles.
In witness whereof, intending to be bound, the parties hereto have executed this AGREEMENT by their duly authorized officers:
On behalf of EAFT
Name: Helmi Sonneveld
Title: EAFT President
On behalf of ELRA
Name: Khalid Choukri